A3000 Server issue with EFI Impose and Creep

Prepress_Parasite

I just recently discovered what I am hoping is a bug in Impose. I set a job up to creep because of the pagecount(44) and noticed on the 4th sheet out of 11 that the creep made the image crossover the centerline into the opposite page. Has anyone else encountered this and is a fix available? I have used creep in the past and never noticed this problem.

Is the file a PDF? Have you tried to take it in InDesign and perform the Impo. with InBooklet? Once in a while I'll find the Impose will do some strange things. I have not used it for booklets but when doing N-up work it will do some strange things. I am going to GraphExpo on Monday and plan on stopping by the EFI booth to ask questions. Maybe I'll take a thumb drive with some files on it for them to try.

Yes the file is a single page PDF that has been distilled from postscript using the FieryOptimized2 settings. The funny thing is that the preview does not show it crossing the centerline. I guess the workaround for now is to not use creep. If you find anything out let me know, thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back