iMac 5k anyone?

Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've had the 5k for a few months now, it's great. the screen is beautiful if overkill. it runs well, really smooth. running windows 10 from an external drive bootcamp style, which also runs and looks amazing on it. any issues i have with Adobe seem to stem from Adobe it's self and it's ever increasing bugginess.

Comment

Originally posted by TLPSfremantle View Post
      i've had the 5k for a few months now, it's great. the screen is beautiful if overkill. it runs well, really smooth. running windows 10 from an external drive bootcamp style, which also runs and looks amazing on it. any issues i have with Adobe seem to stem from Adobe it's self and it's ever increasing bugginess.
      I have to agree about the Adobe bugginess, with the processor and gpu I have in this iMac, I was expecting Indesign to be A LOT faster, it seems to be only a marginally improvement over my old Retina MacBook Pro. I would give second thought to buying another one and would probably look at a Mac Pro. A shame Apple really does not have a whole lot of choice in their lineup. MacBook Pros are to limited in spec, so it is the iMac or MacPro. I do Love the screen, I can't imagine going to anything less then UHD now after using this 5k iMac for 11 months.

Comment

i think the new 4k imacs coming out will be good machines, probably more suitable for print/design as i dont think i'll ever take advantage of the 5k screen. Which ever machine you go for, just fill it full of Ram and it should work fine.

Comment

Had mine about a year . . . still just loving it!!!!!!!
          "If you think you are too small to be effective
          you have never been in the dark with a mosquito."

Comment

Originally posted by TLPSfremantle View Post
            i think the new 4k imacs coming out will be good machines, probably more suitable for print/design as i dont think i'll ever take advantage of the 5k screen. Which ever machine you go for, just fill it full of Ram and it should work fine.
            I can't imagine working on a 21" screen, maybe I have just been spoiled by using a 27" screen for so long. Once you start working on a UHD screen you can never go back. Everything is so crisp and sharp. Everything else looks like ancient old tech on a CRT screen.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderings View Post

I can't imagine working on a 21" screen, maybe I have just been spoiled by using a 27" screen for so long. Once you start working on a UHD screen you can never go back. Everything is so crisp and sharp. Everything else looks like ancient old tech on a CRT screen.
              Yeah, running 3x 27" screens can spoil you pretty fast. At work and home haha.

Comment

i do miss having a second screen! no room with the 5k now, once they get the split screen app thing sorted (adobe is shocking at compatibility) it will ease the loss.

Comment

KBASmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox4OverCanon

Zero Setup Time

Collapse

Zero Setup Time:
                Myth Or Reality?

As the twenty-first century opened, Koenig & Bauer had already anticipated the need for the coexistence of conventional and digital printing, and had begun to develop the technology that is today empowering offset printers to meet those challenges.

Read the Article.

Smartsoft (Presswise)KBAXerox " "DuploCanon4OverNeopost

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7207 users online. 94 members and 7113 guests.

Most users ever online was 14,674 at 05:29 AM on 10-30-2019.

Working...
                X