Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netfixer for capturing/downloading webpages
    Burn for burning CDs and DVDs
    iSquint for converting .avi, .mov, .mpg, .flv .etc. files for iPod (Touch in my case)
    Gawker for doing time lapse movies
    Gif fun for making animated gifs
    SmallImage2 for batch downsizing of images
    NoiseNinja for reducing noise in digital captures
    Zipeg for zipping and unzipping files
    OSXplanet for a real time desktop background view of the earth and weather patterns
    MainMenu for system maintenance

best gordo

Comment

What are people using to print the contents of a Finder window? I have tried Print Window 4.0.1 by Searchware Solutions, but found it very inadequate.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Ferrari View Post
        What are people using to print the contents of a Finder window? I have tried Print Window 4.0.1 by Searchware Solutions, but found it very inadequate.
        We keep an OS 9 Mac around for just this purpose (in addition to handling jobs from customers who haven't made the leap to OS X). I have tinkered with Print Window and although it works well, I guess I just appreciate how much more dynamic the built-in OS 9 feature was and however the window was set, is what printed.

Cheers,
        Jon Morgan
        Hopkins Printing

Comment

For us, it's:

SMARTReporter - warns of potential hard drive failure.
          FontNuke - for nuking those pesky font cache files that OS X loves to keep around (thanks, Jake!).
          OnyX - for system maintenance and customization.
          PDFshrink - for easy and fast shrinking of PDFs so they can be emailed.
          iKey - for assigning keyboard shortcuts to run AppleScripts.

Cheers,
          Jon Morgan
          Hopkins Printing

Comment

What I miss most from OS 9 is the ability to highlight files and folders in a window, then copy and paste into a text editor to produce a list of the highlighted items from the OS window. That has never worked in any OS X.

Anybody know how to copy a window's contents as text?

Al

Comment

What I miss most from OS 9 is the ability to highlight files and folders in a window, then copy and paste into a text editor to produce a list of the highlighted items from the OS window. That has never worked in any OS X.

Al
              I just tried it by copying a folder of files, opened TextEdit and chose "Paste and Match Style" from the Edit menu. Worked well.

I also tried it with Microsoft Word, QuarkXPress 7, InDesign CS3.....all pasted the file names as text.

Cheers,
              Jon Morgan
              Hopkins Printing
              Last edited by Hopkins Printing; 08-22-2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Al
                Al, this still work in OS X if you are using the Apple TextEdit program and your open document is set as a plain text document (Under "Format" window change it using "Make Plain Text". Open your finder window, select all, copy, go to the plain text document in TextEdit and paste.

Oops....hopkinsprinting beat me to it.
                Joe
                OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                  Oops....hopkinsprinting beat me to it.
                  HA! What do I win?

LOL,
                  Jon

Comment

Hey, thanks Jon and Joe. I didn't know that all this time since moving to OS X. Boy, the grief I've gone through for not being able to copy/paste lists of folder contents! Wow, just like the good old days.

Al
                    Last edited by Al Ferrari; 08-22-2008, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Nothing too exciting here just:
                      Neo Office
                      Cyberduck

There used to be a cool freeware app called Art Director's Toolkit, looks like it's no longer free.

Comment

Originally posted by chasd View Post
                        Preview since it takes so much less time to open and less resources than, um, other PDF viewers.
                        I think you will find that Reader 9 launches FASTER and views PDFs FASTER than Preview.

I would be curious, however, to learn what you definition of "resources" is, in this context? Memory/RAM? Disk space? Other?

thanks,
                        Leonard

Comment

Butler: use abbreviations to launch apps, music, websites, etc.
                          Sizzlingkeys: Shortcuts for Itunes. This way you can keep your itunes hidden and can still pause, play, next or previous song, etc.
                          Vienna: separate RSS reader
                          Adium
                          Cyberduck

I'm still looking for a free FTP server to set up a local FTP server on Mac. Can someone help me with this?

Cheers,
                          Brain
                          Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

Comment

Hi Brain

Try Pure FTPd Manager <http://jeanmatthieu.free.fr/pureftpd/> for your free FTP server.

Its a Mac GUI on top of the open source Pure FTPd. It's robust, secure and easy to set up. I've been using it for a while with no problems.

Shawn

Comment

My core app set installed on all my Macs

MacTracker
                              RsyncX
                              Carbon Copy Cloner
                              Script Debugger
                              UI Browser
                              OS X's Disk Utility
                              Apple Remote Desktop
                              Print Window
                              Font Finagler
                              Text Wrangler
                              Adium
                              Dead-thread Necromancer!

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
                              Instant October Trade Show Survey
                              Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
                              Will you be at one of them?
                              Both? Neither?
                              Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiGraph ExpoKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5631 users online. 132 members and 5499 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
                              X