1bit tiff from Heidelberg Prinect to Agfa Printdrive

mufftang66

We are in the first stages of the install for a new Heidelberg Prinect/Printready workflow.

We have two Galileo Platesetters and two Sherpa 2 proofers we will need to output to from the Heildelberg system. We are outputting 1bit tiff to a Printdrive but we are having trouble getting the Printdrive to combine the 1 bit tiffs into a complete job, instead of each seperation being it's own job.

We are on Printdrive Series3 update D

I can get the files to combine using the Barco workflow parameters and file naming convention. The problem is that I have to rename the files manually. There has got to be a better way... or some automation. There doesn't seem to be a way to change the file name before it comes out of the Heidelberg system.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

try latest update F , i'm using barco rips and i don't have any problem about that bit i think maybe you must set the naming option in you rip first

Tiffs into PD

Tiffs into PD

Try dragging the each sep into one job. When you have 4 jobs, double click the CM&Y, and drag the plane into the K.

A little easier than renaming.

You might also want to check into Windows Multi-Renamer, a freeware utility to rename files in a group.

Total Commander, option for re-naming

Total Commander, option for re-naming

I would have thought that Heildlberg and their support for JDF would have plenty of re-name tools...no ?

I mean, are there no hot folder watching tools in Prinect then ?

- this should be a no brainer but I am sure you have already whined to them about that, so...

I use Total Commander from ghisler.com - I had several projects where files come in named in a certain way and i needed them resorted to combine them - they were single page PDF files that I need to then combine into a teachers addition and a student addition fto created 2 different multi-page PDF files for POD.

Total commander has a powerful set of tools for this and is easy to use.

I also use it for my FTP and drive to drive file transfer application, very fast for moving or coping files - it has all sorts of tools for maping drives.

hope that helps - When I woked for Agfa - PrintDrive also had a licensed technology from DI-Plot that worked well for customer who were interested in combining the 1 bit TIFFs for proofing - just searched Google for DI-Plot - Digital Information - DI-Plot, InkZone, Preproofer

Anyway, hope this helps somehow - if you need any tips on Total Commander, don't be shy and email me at [email protected] and I will see what I can do to help - and good luck !

hi,

the easy way is put all sep. tiff files inside a folder and drop it inside of the tiff-in hotfolder. The job name will be the same name of the folder that you droped and all colours will be inside.
With Update F is also possible create some automated name rules. If do you need the update send me a mail in pvt to marcelo at tomoyose.com.br.

Marcelo

Thanks for the input! Instead of trying to combine the files on the fly as we send the 1bit tiff data we are just doing as Stochast suggested and regrouping the files manually after they are on the print drive, when we need to for proofing. Not too bad but not optimal efficiency

But after we have been working with the Heidelberg workflow we have started to think outside the Agfa box a little more now. We require the Printdrive to push the Galileo platesetters, but we have determined we are better off proofing from the Heidelberg workflow. So that is the route we are going which involves us getting a 2 sided proofer that will work in the Prinect HB workflow... ie Spinjet.

So now the Printdrive basically becomes a big 'tiff shooter' when we setup the Printdrive to image the tiffs to plate immediately as we send them from Prinect... instead of letting the tiffs sit on the Printdrive and then image them. It just keeps us from having a bunch of tiff flats that aren't good because we did corrections etc during the proof stage. We were used to the Digital Quickstrip mode.

Now if we could just get some print jobs comign in the front door. hah

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back