Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGFA LAP-V exposure check

I've probably asked this before but can't trace the answer, so here goes.

We're running LAP-V plates thru' a Palladio 30. The digicontrol strip at the base of the plate is showing 1x1 circle clearly, 2x2 just discernable all others merged with background. 1 micron lines barely visible, 2 microns clear.

On occasions, particularly where pale tints are involved (say 4 to 5%) the tints break down and I have to drop the laser intensity. I'm sure we started off with an intensity of around 70 on installation (around 3 years ago) but gradually we've got down to 40 to maintain light tints.

Any input appreciated.

Re: AGFA LAP-V exposure check

Boy oh boy - no reply for a week! I even think I just saw some tumbleweed go by

Comment

Hi Richard,

Although we have a Galileo, I can tell you what our experience has been (and what Agfa has told us).

On the exposure wedge, we were told that to achieve a nominal exposure, the 1x1 circle should be slightly darker than its background (not sure if this is true for a Palladio though).

We have had problems in the past with highlights dropping off. As such, we adjusted our plate curve to compensate by bumping the highlights up a little bit. This has solved the problem for us.

Not sure if this will help or not but I hope it does :-)
      Jon

Comment

Thanks for that Joe - I'll wait a little while to see if other replies concur.

Comment

Hi Richard,

We are using a Xitron rip, Galileo VS Ctp, LP 82 Ultra processor and LAP-V plates. We are constantly tweeking our exposure curves from the 1-7% and the 93-99%. The balance seems to stay decent at our base exposure. We clean the optics and run a test exposure plate every Monday. Hope this helps out.

Mark

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
          4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph ExpoLabelexpoKBAKBASmartsoft (Presswise)Chili publish4 Pees

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4731 users online. 97 members and 4634 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
          X