Multiple Xante PM3/4 Issues

Byteme

We have had our PM3 (platemaker 3) for many years now. We bought it used and I don't remember when it was purchased. The MFG year was 2000 so it is already 17 years old. I have had it installed on three different operating systems Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro and now Windows 10 Pro (from the free upgrade offered about a year ago from MS). We are running an Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz with 4GB RAM. I have never been able to select a plate size other than 11x18. I was told that printers in our area use these all the time and are printing the 13x19.375in. plates. I can select the 13x19.375 plate size but then I get an Incompatible Print Settings. It goes on with stating one of the conflicting settings is: InstalledMemory; PageSize. Then I can choose to either resolve the conflict automatically or by myself. Just curious if anyone out there has/had the same issue.

Next issue I have is with another handmedown Platemaker 4. We just recently bought this because bossman wanted to have a "backup" in case the PM3 goes down which it has rarely. When I tried installing the PM4 driver (obtained from Xantes web site) it goes in a loop after you give the printer a name. The only thing I have found, and it doesn't necessarily relate to PM4 printer, is that the driver needs a certificate. I did get the PM4 to print but only using the PM3 driver and setting up the TCP/IP. Since I am using the PM3 drivers I still have the yellow exclamation mark on the plates I would like to print to i.e. the 13x19.375.

PM3 (Platemaker 3, Plate Maker3) Specs
Resolution: 600x600 dpi
Page Count: 10638
Installed RAM: 64MB
RAM Size: 64MB
Resident Fonts: 136 fonts
LocalTalk: Enabled
Connection Type: Parallel cable only

PM4 (Platemaker 4, Plate Maker4) Specs
Resolution: 1200x1200 dpi
Page Count: 749
Installed RAM: 128MB
RAM Size: 128MB
blah
blah blah

Attachments

• photo6559.jpg
    photo6559.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 289

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back