DPX Genesis with ripmate 4.1

mpsolutions

Hello Everyone,
I just got an old DPX Genesis polyster CTP. The machine has Ripmate 4.1 Rip CD, but no Operation Manual. I really have no idea how to install this machine. I installed The rip on a win 98 PC with a parallel Dongle.
Now The rip is running, but nothing happens when I try to print.
if any one can post me some step by step guidelines how to install the Rip with this machine, I would really appreciate it.

Make sure the dongle is plugged into the parallel port and the Genesis data cable is plugged into the interface card. The serial cable will plug into the serial connectors on the PC and the Genesis.

Ok so this is a good start. Is the Data Cable the one that has parrallel plug in one end and serial on the other?
But which one goes in pc? Also someone told me that I need Miramar Appletalk to print. Is this true?
Can I just print directly PDF files from this PC?

I checked on a old ripmate 4.16 install cd I have and it has 2 sets of instructions pdf's for the install. It looks like you need to use the pcmaclan program to communicate with the genesis. I can email them to you if you have an email address for me to send them to you.
Alex

The 4.16 Rip is completely different. It is a JAWS based rip, not a Harlequin. As far as the cables, you should have a cable that has parallel type connection at both ends. The other cable should be a 9 pin serial cable at both ends.

So finaly I got this thing connected correctly and even printed some internal files from the rip, such as fonts, etc.
Now, How do you print to the rip from other Apps. like PDF or CS...?
your help is greatly appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back