No announcement yet.

Anyone know what happened to Trapwise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what happened to Trapwise?

I just dug up a old Trapwise dongle and was wondering what happened to them. Sort of was hoping that someone with some good tools bought them and I could trade in the dongle and get something that I could use..

Anyone know?

thanks,
    Dub

Re: Anyone know what happened to Trapwise?

Kodak owns it now, but it's no longer being updated and never was for OSX.

Comment

Kodak uses the old Microplop playbook, buy and kill.

Comment

So I guess my nice ADB dongle is nothing more than a fossil at the point now. Thats too bad, was hoping to get something out of it.

thanks,
        Dub

Comment

Ready, Set Go! a SyQuest called. Freehand, are you out there? Got bitten by a Cobra in a Hellish disaster. Dr .Bernoulli assisted with some Dynastrips and then we drove down Ventura Boulevard discussing the history of daVinci and his Magneto Opticallia. Saw a 3M Rainbow and it was a true Spectrum of colors. Had to get a PlateMaster Separator who specialized in PrePrint and he Whispered in a very Quantum leapish voice.... nevermore.

TrapWise is digital trapping software. It was originally developed by startup Graphic Edge as RipPrep, subsequently acquired by Aldus which re-released it as TrapWise 1.0 in 1993. It was subsequently owned by Adobe Systems, Luminous, Imation, ScenicSoft, Creo, and Kodak.

Sometimes the dangerous thing we do is save old dongles *just in case*. When you pull it out again, 4 companies have owned it and developed other stuff that is way better.

there's always eBay...
          AL

Comment

I remember when it was RoboTrap and we were beta testing it. Heck about half of our prepress people left the company to go to what became the Adobe Prepress Group. I don't think any of them made it to Kodak after the layoffs from ScenicSoft.

Anyways, I still have my TrapWise dongle and occasionally use it. I have one customer who still traps their jobs with it every day. And they use CS2!
            Matt Beals
            The views expressed here are my own personal views and are not those of my employer.

Comment

LOL ADB dongle. I have an USB iKey dongle for my version, and can't find a buyer.

Comment

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Allan! Very clever. I didn't know about Graphic Edge creating Trapwise. We still have a Color Central dongle if anyone is interested...

Mike

Comment

Just put it on a Prep Dept Christmas tree as an ornament.
                  We have CD/DVD (star on top), Zips, Jaz, 30pin simms, floppies, DAT tape, old dongles and rubylith decorations on ours.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
                  UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4988 users online. 108 members and 4880 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                  X