Komori Lithrone S40 - Double Delivery & Manual Non-Stop Feeder

We are buying a 2002 Komori Lithrone S40 6 Color + Coater.

The seller tells us that the press has "Manual Non-Stop Feeder" and the picture given looks very different from other feeders I have seen (picture attached). Also the press comes with a "Double Delivery"

Does anyone have experience with such press? Is the feeder or delivery very complicated to operate or not so different from usual presses? Any problems with such Delivery or Feeder?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo7080.jpg
    photo7080.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 454
  • photo7081.jpg
    photo7081.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 307
Dear Maas, thank you for the link..i understand better now how it will actually work.

but my question still remains why the double table between the feeding unit and first Print unit?

normally there is only one slanting table but as can be seen in the pictures there is first a horizontal table which then leads to the slanting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PW2In3ZC8
Feeder is at 1.00 minute on this video

Looking at the photo it appears your press may be able to run 'Roll to sheet'. It does not however show all the other equipment needed such as the cutting head unit.
Your press may be able to either run ready cut sheets or cut rolls to desired sheet lengths.
That looks like why your press feeder looks different than a normal sheetfed feeder.

A double delivery allows the operator to deliver waste sheets to a separate pile when using the komori print quality detection system. If a print fault is detected sheets can be bypassed to a separate pile. Also makeready sheets can be delivered to a separate pile and only good sheets would be in one pile. Non stop Pile changeovers are faster and more efficient and some printers who do very long runs install a automatic load changeover system.
The addition of these two options would make this one long long press.

Last edited:
Dear Cornishpastythighs,

thanks for the the detailed explanation. The double seems like a tricky feature to use for a non-experienced press operator. Do you think it might be possible to turn this feature off on the press so that it runs as a regular single delivery press where all sheets come out in the same pile?

This feature does not have to be used and you can deliver a pile as a normal press. I think though as you get used to the machine you might find it useful.

if you must deal with the additional length of the double delivery you may as well reap its benefits. I myself have never worked on a double delivery press but I can see how, as Cornish points out, there may be benefits. The biggest plus that I see, is that if you can set the delivery up to alternate dropping of sheets onto each pile you would effectively double the drying time between impressions. Is this an option Cornish?

turbo, not sure if that is an option and we did not investigate it for our press.
Our press ran UV/Hybrid so drying time not an issue.
I would imagine to alternatively deliver a different sheet to each pile at 13,000iph would require the sheet release cam to switch between piles very quickly and not sure if the engineering could handle that.
It was a good option for having M/R and start up sheets go to a different pile but using the print fault detection system and having sheets redirected to waste sometimes caused a lot of sorting of the 'waste' pile if the print fault parameters were set too tight , for example throwing out sheets with a hickey that was not really an issue.
Great for very long runs on thicker board for packaging as constant pile changes were a breeze.

Thumbnail not our press but gives a picture of how much length is added for double delivery

Attachments

• kba.jpg
    kba.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
turbo, not sure if that is an option and we did not investigate it for our press.
Our press ran UV/Hybrid so drying time not an issue.
I would imagine to alternatively deliver a different sheet to each pile at 13,000iph would require the sheet release cam to switch between piles very quickly and not sure if the engineering could handle that.
It was a good option for having M/R and start up sheets go to a different pile but using the print fault detection system and having sheets redirected to waste sometimes caused a lot of sorting of the 'waste' pile if the print fault parameters were set too tight , for example throwing out sheets with a hickey that was not really an issue.
Great for very long runs on thicker board for packaging as constant pile changes were a breeze.

Thumbnail not our press but gives a picture of how much length is added for double delivery

Id be willing to bet that engineering a double delivery to do as I mention, would not be the limiting factor. My guess would be that Komori would not prioritize that feature more from a cost standpoint.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back