1-bit tiffs

cpmmm

I work for a company that is going to use Prinergy Evo to drive an Agfa Avalon N16. We currently have a Magnus 800 and everything was all ready setup when I came to this company. We do not have a contract with Kodak and they want $$ to answer this. My question is does or can Prinergy Evo create a 1-bit tiff file that can be sent to a satellite computer hanging off of the Agfa platesetter that will be installed. I think the satellite computer will have printdrive on it.

We are running prinergy Connect and do this. I am not sure if the tiff output was extra or not.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 324
Thanks for the reply. Right now under our Output To we have print to device selected. When I change this to tiff, I do not get the same options that you have. I am starting to think that this is an option that must be purchase. Thanks again.:)

Most larger workflows sell TIFF and CIP3 as an option. We sell a TIFF RIP-Kit which would allow you to output a 1-bit or 8-bit TIFF (which is accepted by Print Drive) along with a PDF Raster (screened PDF proof) which can then be sent to a customer for approval. If you wanted to test the software with your machine you can download a demo at:

Harlequin RIP Demo, RTI Harlequin Demo TIFF, Epson, HP, CTP Platesetter RIP Software

If you want to view the features of the RIP you can visit the following page:
TIFF Software RIP for Computer to Plate CTP - TIFF Separation Software for Platesetters 1-bit, 1bit or 8-bit, 8bit

We would be happy to assist you if you would like to demo the software and get the TIFF RIP-Kit outputting TIFF files to your device. The demo has a watermark on the output but it is fully functional.

..... My question is does or can Prinergy Evo create a 1-bit tiff file that can be sent to a satellite computer ......

This depends on license, try changing the "Output To..." to TIFF in Output Process Template.

Rip solution

Rip solution

One bit tiff (for export) is licenced option.
bets are you have the licence.

Check witch licences have at your rip, to check you have one bit tiff export.
If this is the case, you have to configure nework directories so both machines will work toguether.
That is it.

If you do not have experience to configure evo, will need some technician to help.

It is not discused, you can still read the manuals

Miguel Sanchez

[email protected]

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back