20-100 x A2 posters aka 'affordable' B2 digital printer

billp

hi, 'cheap' reliable, high quality short (20-100) run s/s A2 (trimmed to bleed), 150gsm coated digital prints/posters.

Has long been a holy grail for our business. Recently a local competitor/frenemy/trade supplier has either gotten access to or installed a B2 digital printer. I have not seen the prints but (my) staff say they are very good, (not kip?), & too flat for roll ie LF inkjet. They are charging us around $4 per A2 inc trimmed to bleed (US $2.60c).

Please could anyone with B2 digital experience suggest what machines are available & any idea as to cost inc CPC?

thankyou bill

Last edited:
We could get close to that on 130gsm on our Colorado for qty 100. A bit more $ for less qty.
We're in Sydney too.

I think Bly that you're possibly correct, idk much about Colorado/flatbed inkjet.

Though at $100au on runs of 25 A2s, which we have done several, they couldn't be hand trimmed. idk if Colorado & similar flatbeds print 'borderless'?

The only other way thought was borderless inkjet prints from Canon TX 3100 or similar with stacker. I will have closer look at a print & for sheet curl.

cheers bill

I think Bly that you're possibly correct, idk much about Colorado/flatbed inkjet.

Though at $100au on runs of 25 A2s, which we have done several, they couldn't be hand trimmed. idk if Colorado & similar flatbeds print 'borderless'?

The only other way thought was borderless inkjet prints from Canon TX 3100 or similar with stacker. I will have closer look at a print & for sheet curl.

cheers bill
We trim on a Zund so not a cheap setup but you can crank out some posters

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back