Acrobat - 7 & 9 *one version of Pitstop...

Bansheei

Hi there guys,

We are running Acrobat Professional 7 with Pitsop 7.22 on my Mac. Working like a dream.
I have just installed Acrobat Professional 9 onto my Mac, can I install the same Pitstop 7.22 into the Acrobat version 9? So when I launch acrobat 7 or 9 the same copy of Pistop will launch with it. Or is this a bad idea...

Happy using 7, want to slowly use 9, but need Pitstop running always. Only one copy of Pitstop...

Do we have to buy another copy of Pistop?

(SORRY QUESTION POSTED ON ADOBES PAGE ALSO)

Hi there guys,

We are running Acrobat Professional 7 with Pitsop 7.22 on my Mac. Working like a dream.
I have just installed Acrobat Professional 9 onto my Mac, can I install the same Pitstop 7.22 into the Acrobat version 9? So when I launch acrobat 7 or 9 the same copy of Pistop will launch with it. Or is this a bad idea...

Happy using 7, want to slowly use 9, but need Pitstop running always. Only one copy of Pitstop...

Bansheei,
I'll take this one for my account :)

Version 7.22 is NOT compatible with Acrobat 9. Actually Enfocus just released the Acrobat 9 compatible version being 08 update2.
There are a few options for you:
- Buy another copy (Latest version) of PitStop Professional.
- Update version 7.22 to 08. You can then work in Acrobat 7 and Acrobat 9 depending the mood you're in.
- Download the 30 day trial period to use in Acrobat 9. After 30 days you can still decide what to do.

Cheers,
Brain

- Download the 30 day trial period to use in Acrobat 9. After 30 days you can still decide what to do.

I would second that advice. I wouldn't necessarily advise you to wait 30 days (but working for Enfocus I would be biased :)), but I would download the trial version of PitStop Professional 08 (here on the Enfocus website) and try it out both in Acrobat 7 and 9. That way you're sure it works in every way.

If it works, the upgrade from 7 to 08 doesn't cost the end of the world.

Take care,
David.

oh, ok kewl. Thanks guys! :)

one more little question...
-is it possible to upgrade to pitstop 8 for acrobat 9 alone...
-but leave pistop 7.22 on acrobat 7 running as is?

It may seem a lot to ask, but you never really know the changes and modifications that have been done on a new program (acrobat9/pistop8) till enough jobs go through, to know if they are functioning as we all would hope.

(We've all probably experienced lots of surprises with new versions...)
I'm already aware of how different Acrobat 9 looks, let alone how it will work with new jobs coming through...

If not, Im very happy with your advise! Thanks again!
We will then just upgrade both versions to pitsop8, if it is not an option.

oh, ok kewl. Thanks guys! :)

one more little question...
-is it possible to upgrade to pitstop 8 for acrobat 9 alone...
-but leave pistop 7.22 on acrobat 7 running as is?

When upgrading PitStop Professional, you're upgrading for the complete system requirement set. So the answer would be no, unfortunately.

I understand your situation and suggest, as Purple Cat states as well, to try the 30 day trial in both Acrobat versions. The new version has some amazing new features (redesigned Inspector, trim mark recognition, automatic bleed correction, etc.)
After the 30 days you then can still decide to buy a new copy for Acrobat 9 or upgrade your existing copy.

My two cents...

Cheers,
Brain

Hi there guys,

How do you have A9 Professional? I have gone to the site and they say there is not one for the Mac?

Hello kaiserwilhelm,

We purchased the complete CS3 creative Suite (subscription version - for Australian use only apparently...) Acrobat 8 came with the suite, but the documentation supplied recommended to install Acrobat 9 (disk also included in suite).

When reading the installation guide, it actually says to deselect Acrobat 8 when doing the installation and at the end, insert the extra disk (that was supplied) for acrobat 9...

I think the issue is that there is not a 30 day trial of A9 for Mac.
Good thinking Adobe.

We've never posted a trial version for the Mac - only for Windows.

Why? Mostly because the majority of our Mac users of Acrobat get their copy with Creative Suite rather than "stand alone", so there isn't a need for the "average user" to "try it out"...

Leonard

That may very well be. However, I own CS3. Have since the day it came out. I will not be purchasing anything Adobe until CS4 - that is unless A9 is what I need.
Since I cannot "test" it for 30 days then I guess I will just have to wait until CS4.

I've just installed the Mac version of Acrobat 9 Pro. During the install process you have the option of a 30 day trial or to type in your serial key so it can be done if you can persuade Adobe to post it on the website for you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back