Anyone know a good Akiyama Mechanic? Or how to set delivery gripper tension?

ScotJ

I'm looking for a good Akiyama mechanic that I can bounce some questions off of.

I'm trying to set the grippers that run from the last unit to the delivery.

They seem to be quite weak in spots, and though each gripper is spring loaded- the entire shaft that it rides on is also spring loaded which forces all of the grippers down. I've come to the conclusion that this needs to be give more tension - but can't figure it out and don't want to screw it up to badly.

Any ideas - or people I can contact?

Pic attached

Attachments

• aki.jpg
    aki.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
Hi Scotj,

Not an Akiyama user but most machines use a similar system.

I would start by cleaning all the paper dust out of the springs and checking the wear on the gripper pads. The main "spring" you refer to is a torsion bar, this is normally set on one end with a torque wrench and locked with a bolt/allen screw. The torsion bars do need replacing over time. If you send a picture of the gripper bar ends we should be able to spot the correct settings. You could also use the parts book to identify the torsion bar and corresponding adjustment.

Hope this helps!

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back