Bad RGB Conversion

david

The attached file is a RGB design that when printed on the CPSI version Indigo gives very nice looking results, but when run through the Harlequin Rip the results are very washed out.

Any ideas of a solution?

David Lewis

Attachments

• RGB-Christmas Card - Front_Back.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 228
I wonder if it's the conversion settings. The document is full of calibrated RGB. I wonder how similarly the two RIPs are set up.

similar issue

similar issue

I gave up trying to make the halequin convert rgb to cmyk. It would be nice if it did.
It probably does, I just can't figure it out.

Now I use pitstop to check to make sure everything is spot or cmyk.

I'd bet you a dollar that you have "Later color management" checked. This feature is a lifesaver for a document composed with transparencies involving multiple CMYK color spaces. Unfortunately it breaks on RGB elements. Saturation drops to about 30% of what it ought to be.

Please complain to Harlequinn. Maybe if enough people complain they'll be motivated to fix it faster.

I don't have "Later color management" checked and I have problems with RGB files.
I tried using Acrobat to fix the pdf files and convert the RGB images to CMYK but it did not fix them.
I have version 8.0r6 and print to the RIP using Preps6.

So... since you didn't like the results out of Acrobat either, this is probably not a Harlequin issue.

I would suggest re-posting to color management and including enough info to at least describe what your concern is.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back