Better Homes & Gardens, People temporarily halting some print subscriptions

jwheeler

I saw a post on another site sharing a postcard they received that their People magazine will not be coming in the mail for a while due to limited supplies. Seems like the same thing is happening for Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Here's an article about it along with the mail piece someone posted.

People Mag.jpg

Interesting, so you're still paying for a physical product but instead of receiving it you get a digital product. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't appreciate this deal as a print media subscriber. I'd rather a pause on my subscription or a refund.

Yes I have a family member that works for their publisher / Dot Dash Meredith…she has echoed the same paper frustrations we have, we knew this was coming.

I looked this up and wonder if this is an excuse to simply stop sending the printed magazines to subscribers who live in places the advertisers don't care about.

"The subscribers involved represent about 7% of the company's total print subscriber base, the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson did not answer a question from the Des Moines Register about whether the impact is concentrated in certain parts of the country."

Interesting, so you're still paying for a physical product but instead of receiving it you get a digital product. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't appreciate this deal as a print media subscriber. I'd rather a pause on my subscription or a refund.
I agree! We subscribe to several children's magazines that my kids look forward to every month. When I walk in with the mail after work they often ask if their magazine(s) came. They like to fill out the word puzzles, find the hidden items in the picture, do the mazes, complete the color pages, skim through the articles, and even tear out pages they want to keep or put on their wall - this wouldn't work if it was switched to a digital subscription. I realize these adult magazines don't have the kids puzzles, but there is just something about sitting on the couch flipping through a magazine, dog-earing pages that have an idea you like, and so-on that PDF's can't replace.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back