C6100 Creo front end. Multiple 8 page books from a single PDF?

Make_It_So

Hello,

I was given a production PDF with 20,000 pages. The client wants 5000 8 pg. self-cover saddle-stitched booklets. Is this something the front end can even do? Can I tell it to make every 2 sheets / 4 pages a separate stitched book? It seems we would need to print static with variable sprayed on after the fact in the mailing dept. Only the front cover has variable data.

Hold on: I just found the "split into sets" setting in the services section on the Creo. Crossing fingers.

Last edited:
Hello,

I was given a production PDF with 20,000 pages. The client wants 5000 8 pg. self-cover saddle-stitched booklets. Is this something the front end can even do? Can I tell it to make every 2 sheets / 4 pages a separate stitched book? It seems we would need to print static with variable sprayed on after the fact in the mailing dept. Only the front cover has variable data.

Hold on: I just found the "split into sets" setting in the services section on the Creo. Crossing fingers.
In case that doesn't work out for you, another workflow to try that we usually do is to run all of the covers, then put them back into a separate drawer and tell the machine to grab a cover as it prints the guts of books. That way you only have to send 8 pages 1 time. The processing will be much faster.

That was it. YAY
In case that doesn't work out for you, another workflow to try that we usually do is to run all of the covers, then put them back into a separate drawer and tell the machine to grab a cover as it prints the guts of books. That way you only have to send 8 pages 1 time. The processing will be much faster.
The setting I found did the trick. The order is printing now. Happy Friday.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back