C85 Cleanout Unit not replenishing

woody

Have a C85 clean out and when a plate hits the switch the fan on motor moves a little bit then stops and you have to give it a nudge and it runs fine. Trying to figure out what it needs replaced. When fan is running it replenishes. Manufactured in early 2008.

Try to clean the input sensor, I think it is not completely tilted when the plate enters the machine..
There is no replenishing in a clean out...have to checked the filter under the basin?
The black 'thing ' -> there s a filter inside..might be filled with dirt, can be cleaned with water..
Good luck , but let know something..

Input sensor is working and filter is clean. Ran warm water through to see if system has something gummed up. Ran fine for a while and then right back to not working. A tech called me yesterday and gave me some things to try and if they don't work then it is probably the pump. We don't run that many plates any more and thought it could be clogged up with hardened chemistry somewhere but the water should break it up if theres any.

Could be of course, but if you hold the switch manually, does the pump keep pumping?
If not, then it`s the pump, otherwise it is something else..
Good luck :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back