Calendar Booklet with Remittance Envelope stitched at center

zpodraza

Hi,

we have several big orders per year for Calendar Booklet with Remittance Envelope stitched at center.
And my question is ... what equipment (booklet maker/configuration) I need to do this job in house?
I tried to find it online but I can't find anything about this specific product.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Zibi

A saddle stitcher with a gathering chain and pockets to feed signatures and the envelopes from.
Google Muller Martini
1580251976876.png

Make sure your envelopes are feedable!

You either have to hand feed them (ugh!) or have enough size of flap to feed from the "pocket". You can also fold #9 or #10 in half for pocket feeding on many machines.

Our Müller-Martini requires that we pre-fold the remit envelope before putting in the "pocket". In other words, for remit envelopes that we have printed on our job presses, we have to fold the envelope down to final size. This takes many more man-hours than regular folding (two people on the folder, and running the folder slowly).

If you've never done it before, give yourself some time to figure it out and make some trial runs.

We run them on our Minuteman saddle binder from time to time. We either collate the book and leave the face trim alone to do a second pass and stitch in the envelope, or you can trim the press sheets to finish size head to foot prior to folding and do it in one pass, but I don't think the final product looks as good as the two-pass method. Most of the time we use #9 remittance envelopes.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 303

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back