Can I print from Epson S80600 driver with no rip?

Dan Berg

Have a S80600 we bought at auction and until we get it here and setup I have no money right now for a rip. No computer or software came with the printer. We will only be printing canvas to start so other then a good profile that’s all we need right now. Can we print using just the Epson drivers like our 44” Epsons? Can anyone help me get started with this, what are my options. I have about 40 700 ml ink carts to sell at a good discount if anyone is interested. I bought all the ink they had on the shelf for this printer 80 carts. Wasn’t cheap but think it will sell.

You should be able to print using Epson Edge Print which you can download from the Epson website
That would be great. I know it comes with the dye sub f570 but did not get it with mine. So if I assign registration marks in Adobe Illustrator, print in edge on the 80600 I should be able to cut on my Graphtec?

Without a RIP you cannot print to this printer. Epson only supplies a communication driver.

You may be able to use Edge Print but I don't know how the licensing works for that exactly so what came with your F570 may or may not work. In the US this printer does not come with Edge Print it Comes with a License for Onyx Gamut Print.

Without a RIP you cannot print to this printer. Epson only supplies a communication driver.

You may be able to use Edge Print but I don't know how the licensing works for that exactly so what came with your F570 may or may not work. In the US this printer does not come with Edge Print it Comes with a License for Onyx Gamut Print.
Thanks for clarifying. I just got a copy of Epson Edge Print and it has a pc download for the 80600.. Installed on my laptop as we speak.. Will let everyone know how it works next week.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back