Can Pitstop Server do this?

leetaylor

Hi.

This is not a simple one so please bear with me!

We (digitally) print manuals for a client, that have to follow a particular format.

They are a mixture of A4 & A3 pages.

Sounds simple, BUT the files are not supplied in the correct format for printing.

Basically the "rules" are this:

1. Any pages up to and including A4 size - are to be centred on A4 paper.
2. Any pages that are between A4 and under A3 - are to be reduced to fit A4.
3. Any pages that are A3 or above - are to be reduced to fit A3.

At present the files are a real mixture of CRAP! They are basically scanned-in documents, so can literally be any size - BUT HAVE TO BE RE-SIZED AS PER THE "RULES" ABOVE.

At the end of the day we have to print collated manuals onto A4 & A3 paper.

There are dozens of these files at a time, so we need a solution that can batch process these files quickly and easily.

I am not a Pitstop user, but have been told that Pitstop is the solution for our problem?

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Lee.

No, but PowerSWITCH and PitStop Server, or callas pdfToolbox, can do this conditionally. You need SWITCH to help sort out the page sizes, then use pdfToolbox or PitStop Server to scale the pages appropriately, then merge it all together (pdfToolbox can merge the documents together)

Switch (Light, Full and Power) has the ability to check document sizes on the fly and forward them to a different PDF correction step. In PitStop Server, different Action Lists will allow you to redefine your page box lay-out (size) and center the page content.

If you would like more information or some help to get you started, just send an email to [email protected].

Both application have a full functional trial, use them to find out if it does the trick!

cheers,
Bert

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

We will definitely be looking at purchasing a solution for this job as we do lots of work for this particular client.

So as I understand it we will require Pitstop Server AND switch?

Any more detailed info of how the workflow would work would be very much appreciated, as I need to go back to my bosses with a proposal.

Regards.

Lee.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back