Charging for a Rush Job

gordo

701 Charging for a Rush Job.jpg

Dude, what's the matter? You're efficient, up-to-date, well-equipped, not to mention grossly overstaffed government printing office can't handle a simple little rush job? Did the government shut down again and nobody told me?

We have multiple teachers that print with our print shop because the district’s print shop is too expensive. They get a budget for printing every year and can use that budget at the school district’s shop or if they print with us they just put in for a reimbursement out of their budget.

Once they figured out we were less expensive they stopped using the districts printing services. 🤣

I assume at some point the school will catch on and make a rule that says they can only use their budgets at the district.

Did the government shut down again and nobody told me?
Not surprising. They pretty much shut down 2 to 3 times a year, every year. Unless your paycheck comes from a branch of the federal government, you probably wouldn't notice. I wonder, .......... if the majority of us are not affected when they shut down, explain to me again exactly what it is that they do? Just asking........

Last edited:
explain to me again exactly what it is that they do? Just asking........
They have meetings where they report to everyone above them about what the person below them did. The person below them spent all day having meetings about what the person below them did. Somewhere under that pile is the person trying to actually do something but they have to have approval from someone who is stuck in a meeting first.

They figure out ways to spend all the money that was allocated to them because if they don't spend it all, they'll get less allocated to their department next year.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back