Cockpit in MAC

sistecopy

Hi...I have the PrintReady or Prepress Manager workflow..I try to install the cockpit in Mac Leopard 10.5.6 and Panther 10.4.5..

I have some problems with the network..but I edit the Hostconfig and Host..and the problem is solve...but when I try to login in cockpit program..i have a error that says..

Not master data server conection..or Not Master Data found..

any can help me with this..

Thanks..

try to put on the hosts, from the prepress manager server , the ip number from the macintosh.
its located on windows\system32\drivers\etc /
But i think you have one problem om MDS .

Regards
padrao

Hey Padrao

for 10.5 in hostconfig put in the hostname of your Mac, in hosts I put in the ip address of your cockpit server (ptr1), also pre mount the ptjobs and ptconfig before launching cockpit. Add these volumes to your login items on the Mac. Also you need to turn on file sharing and make sure under options check on SMB sharing.

10.4 is pretty much the same except you do not need to pre mount volumes let cockpit do it.

Anytime you edit the hosts, and hostconfig best to restart your Mac. Hope this helps

Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back