CorelDRAW eps's not ripping in RAMpage

dirkster

I'm trying to rip a Quark 8 job that has 2 pages out of 4 that contain CorelDRAW eps graphics. The files are saved to EPSs for Rampage using FontWizard. When I try to rip the pages in question, I get the following error:

Fatal Error : ps file wanted more data than was available.

Error : </Log> 

Error : File IO Error.

exit_program = 102 

Error : Copyright @ 

Log Entry:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IAFFNextGen_003.eps Tue May 11 14:02:28 2010 SYS-ID:05639rH

Job: 43294 IAFFReg:Tue May 11 14:13:07 2010* By:prepress Mac

PageID:1043660

TRAP: Building Trap Info

TRAP: Making Traps Viewable

Error : </Log>

Error : File IO Error.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Error : RIP failed. Postscript language error.

Error : Copyright @

The pages without the Corel EPSs rip fine. I have resaved the files in question as an Illustrator CS4 EPSs, and still no luck.

Anyone know what's going on here?

workstation - Mac 2.66 GZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/ 3GB RAM running OS X 10.6.3
Quark XPress 8.12
FontWizard 5.60

Why are you still using eps? Have you tried exporting as PDF and running through the PDF trap engine? Also thats an old RAMpage build, it's older than Quark 8, I think. I'm pretty sure the last version of 10 was 10.6b10. One thing I'd try is ripping the Correl eps in rampage by themselves and see if they error out. I will say of all the files I have issues with, Quark 7-8 are the hardest to figure out. Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back