Corrupted Fiery Controller?

Zwicker Press

So from what I've been reading, this has happened to others...

The controller (IC-408) on our KMC6500, turns on, does it's little numbers display, and then goes "FF" and stays there, forever. Can't find the unit on the network. The controller button on the c6500 doesnt light up. Hooked up a monitor and watched it start to boot, then black screen.

Some have suggested removing the battery, resetting the ram, and so forth, but that didn't work.
Looks like I need to replace the HDD

So I guess now I need a disk image of another controller or of the illusive install dvd.
Though there is no place to download either. From other posts, I've seen the best way to get said disk image(s) is to beg on a post.
:eek:
So, PLEASE, pm me if you have either one. I know it's gonna be a large file, and a pain in your @$$, but I'm stuck here. I have an ftp site you could UL to.

Thanks in advance for any help.!!!

Last edited:
Got it, Thank You

picher.jpg

Hooked up a monitor and watched it start to boot, then black screen.

As a point of interest this is totally normal, The fiery requires a kit in order to be able to use a monitor and keyboard (its like a 2grand purchase) Its much easier to just remote in

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back