CTP Chemistry Free. Vim Technologies V Glunz & Jensen

pp_print

Hi, I'm in the market for a CTP Chemistry free platemaker and I am thinking of purchasing either one from Vim Technologies or Glunz & Jensen.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these and could give me advice on what's best to buy? How are they? Run lengths of plates? Holding DPi on half tones over long runs? hard to set up? compatible with macs? Value for money? etc.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

CTP Chemistry Free, etc.

CTP Chemistry Free, etc.

Try typing in Glunz & Jensen in the search field. There have been numerous posts in the past reagarding this technology.

Good Luck!

We have been using the VIM system for about 6 months. We are very pleased with it but this technology does have some limitations. If you are mainly producing 1 and 2 color it is wonderful. Halftones still arent up to my standards but they are getting better. If I have a form with a halftone I just run it to film. But for general forms, flyers, business cards it's a good inexpensive way to go. We started using their metal plates and they ran great but then tried their poly and with the cost savings and quality as good as metal, we now run mainly poly. Contact me off-forum if you want to discuss this system more.

It doesn't cost anything to contact Glunz & Jensen and have some test plates made. 1, 2, 4 color or whatever. It's claimed to run 50K impression, but I know of other cases running 150K - 300K.
Home | PlateWriter.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back