DC12 not printing from Bypass tray

GusG

Hi. My newly installed (but not new) DC12 (with Fiery X12 RIP) won't print to the bypass tray (tray 5) yet it did so yesterday. I get a message on the RIP saying "Selected paper size is not available" despite the tray setup on the printer and the printer driver matching.

Any clues to solving this is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

DC12 by passtray

DC12 by passtray

Hi

I can think of 2 possible reasons.
The paper guide on the farside of bypass tray must be in the correct position for the paper size that you have loaded. This sliding guide has a sensor that the DC12 checks to verify the size of loaded sheet . There is also a guide closest to the user on the bypass tray that you have to unscrew and move for 12 x 18 paper

I have had difficulty trying to print custom sizes from a Splash.
The DC12 does not want to accept a non driver format and returns the message "Selected paper size is not available".

Only work around I found was to use a similar driver setting for the width and adjust your doc to print in the right place

Hope this helps
Rub On Transfers

Hi

I can think of 2 possible reasons.
The paper guide on the farside of bypass tray must be in the correct position for the paper size that you have loaded. This sliding guide has a sensor that the DC12 checks to verify the size of loaded sheet . There is also a guide closest to the user on the bypass tray that you have to unscrew and move for 12 x 18 paper

I have had difficulty trying to print custom sizes from a Splash.
The DC12 does not want to accept a non driver format and returns the message "Selected paper size is not available".

Only work around I found was to use a similar driver setting for the width and adjust your doc to print in the right place

Hope this helps
Rub On Transfers

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I've set the paper guides correctly, also it won't print any size at all so I can't do a work around.

I discovered that the bybass works just fine when I copy. I've tried all the drivers that I've found for Windows XP on X's site plus the one that was on the fiery itself. No joy.
I've got the X12 v. 1.5 SP2 with the following patches installed:
1-IT20F
1-K32ZJ
1-i7sg8
Could it be needing a patch like the composite patch (over 400MB)?

maybe a dumb suggestion, but on the takeup tray there is a little nob you unscrew to widden to allow larger paper (12x18), is it all the way in?

maybe a dumb suggestion, but on the takeup tray there is a little nob you unscrew to widden to allow larger paper (12x18), is it all the way in?

Thanks, there's no dumb suggestion, I'm open to every idea. But yes, the guide is in the right place.

Have you tried contacting Xerox customer support? Are you on a service plan at all?

The authorised Xerox guys here have only been doing Xerox for a year or so and do not have the edocs etc for the DC12, indeed their sales manager didn't even know what it was.

The independent guys who do know what a DC12 is (and who sold me this one) and have been servicing them have a broken PWS laptop so that's no good.

So, no I am not on a service plan.

I had a DC 240 that I had to use a little trick on. When loading the paper into the bypass tray, just put it in partway, adjust the side guides, then push it all the way in. When I used to push the paper in first and then adjust the guides, it always told me it was the wrong size.

I had a DC 240 that I had to use a little trick on. When loading the paper into the bypass tray, just put it in partway, adjust the side guides, then push it all the way in. When I used to push the paper in first and then adjust the guides, it always told me it was the wrong size.

Thanks Possumgal, though it hasn't worked for me. I'm trying to get a tech with the right software to do a tray 5 calibration as I've been told that what may be needed.

Calibrate the tray 5 paper guide

We did the tray 5 adjustment (DC740) from a PWS some time ago, no joy. Then my tech decided to reset some NVMs for another reason, this unintentionally reset all the paper trays to normal paper and upon trying the bypass it now suddenly works!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back