Density on press/stock/moisture?

I'm running a Nexpress 2500 and have recently been dealing with a lot of density issues on press that seem to directly relate to paper. I am essentially lacking density on certain parts of the sheet, but when I switch to a different stock my issues go away. It's happened on recycled uncoated and now happened on digital gloss text. We are storing the paper in the machine and have had mixed but not complete results. Any help would be greatly appreciated as our number of printable substrates is dwindling.

Densities will vary often referred to as "Ink Take Off" which relates to ink charge laydown characteristics however in a digital press, this should not be as large as described.

The issue may be related to paper stock and or ambient conditions. Your Vendor can help address, if not solve.

Sincerely,
Greg Imhoff
>>
Density on press/stock/moisture?
I'm running a Nexpress 2500 and have recently been dealing with a lot of density issues on press that seem to directly relate to paper. I am essentially lacking density on certain parts of the sheet, but when I switch to a different stock my issues go away. It's happened on recycled uncoated and now happened on digital gloss text. We are storing the paper in the machine and have had mixed but not complete results. Any help would be greatly appreciated as our number of printable substrates is dwindling.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back