Designjet 9000s spraying K ink

ahmedsamy

I have a problem with spraying on 9000s, using 790 ink (white area around black color is stained).
The machine is new(six month old max) the spraying is mostly on the K
Regular maintenance is made every day normally. The machine is perfectly clean. Print heads are cleaned using head cleaning sheets.

Attachments

• strip.jpg
    strip.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 183
Hi Jason, to replace the print heads is the last thing I could think about, the head is in excellent condition, it's only a matter of adjustments I believe. Also it's quite expensive to replace a print head without an actual need for it.

My plotter has replacable cartridges containing the printheads and need to be replaced once every six months or so, but perhaps your printheads are designed differently.

From your image, it appears the ink is spraying in all directions, not just towards a white area.

There are a few things I would try: print something using printer alone, no rip and no computer. If the problem occurs, then you can rule out the computer or RIP settings as being related.

Then I would look within the printer for all settings that you can specify for K only, and start playing them, and checking if it makes any difference.

If it doesn't make any difference, you may need to replace a part.

Dear Jason, the Xerox 8160 is a different story, it uses water based dye ink and interchangeable print heads, while the designjet 9000s is a solvent printer with expensive heads about $1600 per print head that should last for a least 15000 square meters before replacing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back