Do I need Aqueous Coating

jotterpinky

If I wanted to enter the 4-color offset market what is the point of adding an aqueous coater? I guess my real question is what purpose does the coating make to the end user? Does it make the ink less prone to scuffing, does it make it glossier etc.?

Is it something I should definitely add to a 4-color press if I plan on using it for general quick printing work? Pro's Con's?

Absolutely! AQ coating will help you with not only glossy levels but with the ability to work and turn without much dry time. I believe it is a great choice!
R

I would bet that 90% of the companies that have a coater on a machine, does it for production purposes only, not for a beautification point.

Yes. If you're doing commercial work, aq is a necessity. The real question is why you'd want to get into printing in the first place . . .

Yes, you must have a coater! Especially when you are going to print dull/satin/silk/matte stocks. They scuff very easily and satin coating will protect it. You can also run sheets back threw the press immediately and you do not have to rack them with corners/boards. If you by a load flipper you can print one side, place a skid on the top, flip the load over and place it right back in the delivery without throwing the paper. Very time saving.... We coat work all of the time just to get it threw the shop faster with better quality. I would NEVER buy a press without a coater!

P.S. - I have had a few coaters and I feel this is the best one.

Offset Lithocoat System

if i were buying a sheetfed multicolor press i would not even consider a purchase that doesnt have a coater of some kind. the ability to quickly back up a job and proceed to the bindery would make it worth the additional cost and improved quality. most places that have coater equipped presses coat as a matter of routine even when not requested by the customer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back