Docucolor 12 or canon CLC 4000/5000/5100

VigiCon

Hi,
I am new to digital printing. I am setting up a new printing shop for a short run instant printing. I am already in offset printing. I am expecting 300 to 500 prints a day cos we don't have a bigger setup. I want a used digital machine that can print on different stocks especially on 250 to 300gm thick stocks.

I need shiny prints. Print quality, economy of printing cost and least maintenance matters more than speed and other funtions.

I have short listed to Docucolor 12 or canon CLC 4000/5000/5100. Please guide me in details.
How can we convert a Docucolor 12 copier into a digital printer?

Thanking in advance.
Nasir

Avoid this model canon. The DC12 has excellent print quality, actually it is probably better than what they are putting out now. You will need to find a fiery to print to it.

Yeah stay well away from the canon. The DC 12 is a good machine but has a few drawbacks depending on the type of prints you want to do. The fiery I had was the fieryX12

1. Laminating on the DC12 doesn't work very well as the DC12 applies an oil finish to the prints, i found this to be a total pain!!

2. There tends to be a lot of cracking on spins even after scoring the job, more so if using a lot of black.

3. The max I could get through the machine was 300gms, the machine is spec is 250gms

You should maybe check out the Xerox DC240/250. there is a much better color quality and better solids, no oil finish, much faster and I'm pushing 350gms through mine!!

Little more Guidance

Little more Guidance

Thanks dear PODMAC for further details about DC12. Factually, its within my budget.

What sort of (immediate)spare parts or consumables would I require with the machine?

12 (A4 size)pages per minute are claimed in its specs. Please tell me how many pages of A4 &/or A3 are practically printed within a minute(especialy after 1st. print)?

can we use DC12 with cobra rip as a digital printer or only a fiery rip is required?

Dear PODMAC, the concerns u mentioned are ignorable formy kind of business. Plz just tell me that can we use this machine as a digital press or print on demand sort of business? I mean, is it tough enough to be used as a production printer? Though I don't need much prints a day.

Xerox claims 600x600 dpi x 8bit resolution. What does 8bit mean along with 600x600 dpi?

What kind of maintenance issues are very frequent?

Dear PODMAC it will be very much appreciated if you rely in detail.

Thanking in Advance,
Nasir

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back