Does HP make a production color copier

HP does not make copiers.

I suspect you can buy an HP printer from Staples that will make color copies, though :)

Come-on guys, HP does not end where staples sized printers are, check this out:
HP CM8060 Color MFP with Edgeline Technology (C5957A) specifications - HP Products and Services Products

It may not be comparable with beasts like KM-6500, Xerok$es and others but it is not a joke as you try to present it to be.
The matter of fact HP LaserJet 4100 - 21ppm decktop printer 8.5x11 size we had these with 1.2 million and working. I am just trying to say - please don't underestimate HP. Their desk top color printers are so-so, but bigger ones have KM engine in it, I think and before there utilized Canon's print engines.

if you're talking true production printing take a look at their Indigo series but be ready to shell out some $$

I work for state government and we're only allowed to spend $60K on our new printer. I did not come to this forum to have people tell me I need to spend more than I'm allowed or that I'll get a crappy printer if I don't spend a lot. The choice as to how much to spend is not mine, it's my companies choice. I'm just trying to get information on the best production printer I can get for that amount of money. If you don't have any serious suggestions, please keep your comments to yourself. Thank you.

The honest answer is HP does not produce a "production" printer that can be compared to Xerox, Cannon, Konica, etc... that does not imply their machines aren't any good. When you use the term
"production" in the digital printing industry, most people will think 200K impressions a month, service and supply contracts, etc...

Contact your GSA contractor to see what they have in your price range. Many companies, HP included, offer substantial GSA pricing breaks. The one thing you won't be able to get is a click charge scale with HP. You can buy extended warranties, but that won't cover any consumables. Having done government purchasing before, you may want to think about ordering a years estimated worth of supplies as well, so you don't hear the dreaded "but you just bought it, the budget doesn't cover..."

You can get a production printer in your budget, just not a HP.

Look at Konica (C5501/C6000/C7000), Xerox (550, 700), Canon and Ricoh.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back