Doubleproof Firmware

B

Bobjoe123

Does anyone have the firmware file for the Doubleproof. My doubleproof has gone nuts and I think the firmware file has been corrupted. I belive I have all documentation needed. I got the Service Manual and all from a tech who use to be authorized but he didn't have the fimware file.

The firmware is embedded on the disk. The hard drive needs to be replaced by one from the manufacturer. If your tech says its possible, maybe it is. Our tech always told us the HD needs to be replaced. I went through that problem three times over the past few years until I couldn't take it anymore. I dumped the Doubleproof and went with a Canon/Hyphen Impo proofer.

Last edited:
The firmware is embedded on the disk. The hard drive needs to be replaced by one from the manufacturer. If your tech says its possible, maybe it is. Our tech always told us the HD needs to be replaced. I went through that problem three times over the past few years until I couldn't take it anymore. I dumped the Doubleproof and went with a Canon/Hyphen Impo proofer.

The firmware on the disk of the HP is strictly for the HP only. very early HP units needed to have a specific firmware version for the HP to run, but later versions worked out the box with some menu changes.

The doiubleproof does have its own firmware, In the controller box. This is a Pic chip and can only upgraded by reblowing the chip in a programmer or swopping the physical chip

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back