Duplo Booklet Maker Error

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Have an error with our Duplo DBM-120. Top line reads "Malfunction". Second line reads "Stapler Motor Index Error". The bar that presses the stapler heads down doesn't mover and is in the down position. Looking for any help or at the least, anyone know a Duplo service provider in New England?

Bought this used years ago and it's been great up until now. Tried calling Duplo, they gave me a name of a company in Massachusetts but they never got back to me.

Thanks in advance!

From what I remember, there is a small motor inside the front cover with a right angle worm gear that drives the stapler bar. One of the gears was plastic and wore down over time. There may also be a toothed wheel which is read by a sensor that keeps track of the movement of the stapler bar. The sensor may be dirty.

DISCLAIMER - I no longer have this machine, so I can't look at it for you. I'm going strictly from memory... which ain't what it used to be...

From what I remember, there is a small motor inside the front cover with a right angle worm gear that drives the stapler bar. One of the gears was plastic and wore down over time. There may also be a toothed wheel which is read by a sensor that keeps track of the movement of the stapler bar. The sensor may be dirty.

DISCLAIMER - I no longer have this machine, so I can't look at it for you. I'm going strictly from memory... which ain't what it used to be...
Wonderful!!! I don't know why it didn't occur to try blowing all the dust and debris out of the machine. I just did and... it worked! Must have been a dirty sensor. I appreciate the reply.
Best Regards!

You're welcome and I'm glad it worked out for you. Yes, blowing some air through there got me out of a few situations. There's also a sensor on the bottom inside of the machine that took some work to get to in order for it to be cleaned.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back