ECRM Mako 56 problemo's

andr01d

Hi Guys,

Has anybody had this experience.

We've had our imagesetter mothballed for a while after we moved to a CTP workflow. We have someone interested in acquiring our film-setter, but after hooking everything back up the way it was - it now outputs solid black area, as if the laser is exposing the entire film.

The guy who used to service it for us is long gone, and the only person prepared to help us out want's to wait goodness knows how long to track down a service manual.

I'm hoping it's something minor that I'm overlooking.

Cheers!

First things first : put your mako in test pattern mode, select test patt'n 3 with exposure value of say 150, expose and process. The checkerboard pattern should be visible. If still solid black on film repeat with laser intensity below 100. Values accepted 0-255 (it's eight bit control). If pb still remains come back here and i'll guide you further by PM.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back