EFI Colorproof XF and Dot Gain

TMS_SteveF

Hello,
I have a general question about adjusting dot gain in colorproof xf. I running a Canon 9100, EfI as our front end. We create all of our own custom profiles here and I have a pretty solid GRACoL profile going on EFI Offset validation media. We're getting great number out of verifier as well. The only problem is that we're trying to match our hard proofs to our soft proofing monitor. We are using the same profile on the soft proofing monitor as we're using for our 9100. White point balance is on point to. Overall the hard proof matches pretty well to the soft proofing monitor, but in some images there seems to be too much saturation. I've gone into Color Manager and tried adjusting the Plate compensation. I tried taking the gamma up and down (+50, -50), and also tried adding linear (+50). I fired off the same proof with these adjustments and there doesn't seem to be any change. Is this something that need to be added in conjunction with a gradation adjustment? Suggestions?
Thanks for taking a look!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back