EPSON Official CTP?

OkiTech

Epson Offers Metal Plates that can be printed with Ultrachrome Inks and run 20K, what do you think guys?
I had ordered samples...
I have a JetPlate Set-up that is not working, obviously. I was thinking to convert it in to Glunz and Jensen Platewriter but this even easier!!! I allready have a Rip and Processor can Bake and gum the plate.

They are reselling the Vim plate. Epson said they are going to give full support. That should be interesting from a company that has no background in offset.

Well, that was my first thought - seemed too simple. Sure the VIM idea is really convenience, what is interesting is that VIM pushing more for Poly and Epson's key element is Metal according to the articles...
So really if I have a Jet-plate set-up, i can just throw OEM Inks back in, set a processor to Temperature needed (anyone knows how high?), put a gum in last section of processor and make plates? If yes - it is really cool. I bought that Jetplate for a little over 1k :)

I think the plate temperature is 130 degrees Celsius. The Vim plate doesn't use gum.

Glunz & Jensen

Glunz & Jensen

I work for Glunz & Jensen. We have replaced a number of Jetplate units. If it all seems too easy to be true, it probably is. We have over 600 ctp systems installed all over the world and almost 40 years of experience in the offset industry. We know our machines will give you 50,000 impressions +. We know our registratiion is spot on so you can run your 4/c work with no problems. We know our screening is great. We currently produce over a quarter million square feet of plates for our equiment each month. We have the expertise, knowledge, and support to handle the issues that can arise in offset printing. We challenge prospects to compare our systems. Put together a tough 4/c file and have everyone you are considering do a set of plates for that file and then run them to see what you think. I know some feel that they don't need 4/c process but that might be for today. What about tomorrow? Why limit yourself?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back