Epson stylus pro 9000, worth repair?

Haakon

Hi all

I newly acquired a used Epson stylus pro 9000, for very little money, and it needs two new print heads and dampers. This will cost much more than I gave for the printer, around 200 for each head + dampers. Can this old printer still do its job or would you just throw it out?

Have a nice day😉

Not knowing the costs of the machines in Norway I can't speak for you locally. However in the USA it would be an easy decision to just buy a new one. It'd not only be cost effective you'd make a pretty large leap in quality, speed, etc.

Hi chevalier!

I bought it for 1000nok that's equal to 122 $so I can take the loss., but if I buy new print head, even then it's not shure it will work, maybe I need new cartridges, cause the newest expired in 09. Then I maybe have lost as much as 7-800$ on a 15 year old machine

In comparison, I can get an Epson Stylus Pro SP9900HDR with clogged print head (claimed) for 1220$ and printers that is 17" print for 722$ new from store.

What would you do?

You are talking about a very old device. The fact that it had such an old expired cartridge in it makes me think it has not been used for almost10 years maybe more. I would toss it!

Also, might be really hard to buy ink cartridges. We recently sold our Epson 10600 because we had a very hard time finding cartridges and the price was more than the new stuff.

I c.. The ink cost 77£ each cartridge + shipping and vat to my country, and not in Stock, special order. I haven't found one supplier here in Norway, so I'm going do dismantle the machine and store the parts for some time, before I throw them away, probably no one will ever need them.

I will look for a printer in working condition, maybe a smaller one for its not going to used in production

This is off topic, but the comment about it being a very old device got me thinking how my perspective of very old has changed as I have gotten older. I remember growing up that I thought the Ford we had was ancient. Turns out that it was 6 years old. When your only 10, 6 years does seem ancient. Now I have a pickup that is 16 years old, and I am amazed when my kids talk about it being ancient. I keep thinking ot myself, I remember picking it up at the dealer like it was just the other day, has it really been that long ago? And I am only 40! I guess it will only get worse. lol

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back