Esko Powertrapper

Macmann

We recently had a project that went bad on press due to a missed area of trap. The job was made up of all spot colors. Esko's Powertrapper was used and usually works well. The design was very complex, incurring over 500 trapping instances. One lone area did not trap and we made scrap. What are others doing, short of visually going through every square inch, to verify you have a properly trapped file? Is there a way to have Esko flag areas of potential trouble?

Hi

Can you load pdf file?

Can you check what is the best option in the configuration powertrapp?

Sorry I can't post pdf-design hasn't been released yet. I was hoping there was a way in viewer or automation engine to flag or highlight-kind of like a thin parts situation where it flashes areas of an issue.

Hard to say without seeing the example. I usually have an idea of which areas may be problematic from a trapping standpoint and focus in on those areas for the check. If it's a gap problem, that field is adjustable. May just take some experimentation...unfortunately a bit too late in this case.

Thanks schenkadere. That's how I approach it as well. Management is convinced there is an automated solution that would have caught this and why weren't we using it. Unfortunately, a visual inspection is often the only way to catch these issues.

There's no 100% method for perfect auto trap once there's masked images, complicated blends, gradient mesh, document effects, etc. Inspection on that level would need a dedicated QC person or operators would never get anything done.

Reactions: PDL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back