Feedback on Hydraulic Guillotine Cutters

jwheeler

We currently have a 21.5" Triumph 5551-06 cutter (~10-12yrs old) which has been a great unit. We want to upgrade to a larger size so we can start cutting down parent sheets. Because we know the Triumph is a good line, we're looking at the Triumph 7260 which is a 28" cutter with programming and air table. We are also considering the Challenge Titan 256 and the Duplo 660 Pro which are both 26.5", but the Duplo doesn't have an air table. Any feedback or recommendations between these? Or another we should be considering?

I've had good experiences with Challenge, a previous employer is still running their Challenge 305 programable from the late 90's. I like having an air table but, unless I'm cutting a lot of material I don't notice if it's not available. In a perfect world I'd rather a 30"(30.5) over a 26 inch cutter when working with parent stock. Cutting 26x40 in a 26.5 wide cutter is a PITA

@jwheeler one more thing. Make sure you can slide your stack under the safety lights onto the wing tables. The picture of the triumph makes it look like the safety lights are at table height and that would suck.

Careful on your cutter selection if noise is a concern. Some units run the hydraulic pump the entire time your at the cutter. Other units only run the pump when the blade is in use. I personnally don't care of the extra noise.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back