Fuji plate thickness

ctptech

Hello friends. I recently came to a problem where the Fuji .15 plates are actually .143. This seems to be causing a quality issue on Presstek dimension 400’s . The .3 are ok and so I’ve been told they do not do a .2 anymore. Fuji said the issue can be rectified by focusing the ctp . Do any of you guys willing to share this procedure. I’ve a few local customers and I would be very grateful for any help . Thanks

You didn't mention what the specific quality issue is?
Image sharpness from poor focus?
Loose fit in press plate clamp?

Hi. If you know how to adjust focus on your ctp machine then you will be fine. By the way, what is your ctp machine?
Hi Ronnie . It’s a Presstek dimension 400 . I don’t know how to adjust the focus and apparently there are no engineers left as they’re have all retired so I’m trying to help a few desperate customers.

Hi. I think i saw in a previous about Presstek someone posted a manual of the machine. I looked through the manual but there is no instructions or article about focus adjustment.

Hi Ronnie . I have looked through those but like you said there’s nothing on focus. There doesn’t seem to be much on the web about the dimension servicing .

Can you get new plates from Fuji? Seems like a quality control issue on a batch of plates? Sorry, that sounds frustrating!!

Apparently it’s all the customers So I’ve been told , Doesn’t seem to affect screen machines only Presstek users say it’s a problem

Damn. I am sorry!! I don't use that system and our plates are 0.3 and are ok. Best of luck.

Hi Ronnie . It’s a Presstek dimension 400 . I don’t know how to adjust the focus and apparently there are no engineers left as they’re have all retired so I’m trying to help a few desperate customers.
I don't think there are any engineers left at presstek/Mark Andy, but a few of them moved to Marlowe and still work there and work on some of the Presstek CTP machines

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back