Fuser Temperature on DocuColor 252

adub47

Does anyone know what the fuser roll temperature is on a docucolor 252? I have an iGen and I know its roughly 400 degrees on that, but I have a customer who is requesting that I print on stock that can only withstand 330 degrees....

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Adub47

I have to say since when does a customer tell you how to run your machines,
what is the difference at what temp your fuser gets. I thought the heavier the stock the slower it ran.

Can you explain why your customer wants you to that,

Thanks

ROB

Rob,
Certain substrates can only handle temperatures to a certain level. That being said if a substrate can handle temperatures up to 350 deg. and your fuser is 400 deg. then you'll have a problem.

I understand that
but your not going to run heavy plastic or anything like that.
for the most part it is going to be paper or Transparencies
I just went through this with my Xante CL 30 I bought a fuser that would allow me to run up to 16 pt gloss cover.

Rob,
There are folks that want stuff like Tyvek and other synthetic substrates run digitally. I happen to run quite a bit of Thermanent and vinyl through my 8000AP. You can bet before I run a new product like this, I check to see what temps. it can handle. Remember much of this stuff is designed for the offset not digital.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back