Getting XMF soon; Pitstop Question

pworden

Hello everyone! Counting the days to installation :) and wondering about Pitstop. I know XMF can/does use Pitstop actions as long as they are licensed with an active Pitstop program. We have a very old version of Pitstop, 5.02. Looking to get newest version which is $650. What do you think? Is this a necessary upgrade? We get files from all over, and all different levels of users. Thanks for any input. Also taking any advice for file prep before submitting to XMF. We are currently Prinergy 3.x users.

Your license of PitStop is too old to upgrade so you will have to buy a new retail version. But depending on what you are doing it can be advantageous to have the action lists accessible in the RIP. The problem that though is that the RIP manufacturers tend to lag behind the PitStop Library's release schedule. So you may have a nice new action in PitStop Pro 10 that is completely useless in XMF. You may be better off with PitStop Server.

Thanks, Matt. I'll check out the server version. I did notice some comments about newer actions that were not yet compatible with RIPs. Not sure what our PDF-action needs will be with this new workflow.

even relatively simple actions may need to be redone. So I'd be *very* careful. Safest bet and probably most flexible would be PitStop Server.

Matt, I checked this out and will start with an upgrade to pro only because of limited funds, but will pay attention to your advice of caution. Hopefully, we will only need some simple things from Pitstop and maybe will be able to expand later. Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back