Graduation Day

Cory Smith

24-Graduating-Class-800.jpg

One would hope that the picture was a fake, but astute viewers might recognize it from Gordo's blog regarding Print 09 attendance.

We should not be surprised.......

We should not be surprised.......

Why should there be any continued interest in something that for the most part is dying? We've witnessed the death of many newspapers and magazines, and books are on their way out, going the way of the e-readers. There will always be exceptions, but for the most part, media is and is going digital. Only packaging will survive.

One would hope that the picture was a fake, but astute viewers might recognize it from Gordo's blog regarding Print 09 attendance.

Got me! :)

Seeing the attendance for this Print '09 booth's presenter - even though there were prizes for people that would sit through the presentation - plus the closing of a local graphics education department are the two things that mashed together gave me the idea for that cartoon.

Each year at GraphExpo it would break my heart when I saw the "career day" kids from local Chicago high schools being exposed to the graphic arts as a possible career choice.

best, gordo

Got me! :)

Each year at GraphExpo it would break my heart when I saw the "career day" kids from local Chicago high schools being exposed to the graphic arts as a possible career choice.

best, gordo

Funny cartoon but sad situation.

What has annoyed me is that over the last 13 years, every graphic arts institution I have tried to influence has shown absolutely no interest in knowing about some truths in the process and preferred to teach some myths. They did a disservice to their students and have helped to weaken the industry. Training is not education and it is important to know the difference.

Looks like the speaker didn't make such hot grades there, either. Notice the word "interst."

I sometimes find it hard to spell correctly when I'm trying to be funny. Must be a right brain/left brain conflict. ;-)

best, gordon p

That's OK. Where I work, passing the proofreading class is not as important as passing the mindreading class, which I didn't!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back