Graphic Whizard Fm 100

BigSi

Hi there. Just scored myself an old Graphic Whizard FM 100.
Rollers look good ( they seem newish.) The issue is feeding doubles. (It is only a friction feed machine). It seems the only way to stop this is to fan out all the sheets (so each is staged slightley from the one above it). As you can imagine this slows production down. Also some of my staff (my wife) have limited paper handling skills.
Has any one had any experience with this issue?. FYI perforating x1. A4 80gsm white offset.
Thanks for your feed back, thanks Simon

Last edited:
When the soft rubber feed tires get worn they will start causing feeding issues. Ideally, start with good rubber and then when setting up the machine slide 1 sheet of the paper you are running under the tire and adjust to where there is slight tension as you pull it out. After that you would be able to fan the sheets out and place them in the feeder with less feeding issues.

Thanks George. Yes that was what I was doing. Maybe the rollers are more worn than I think!. that is the only answer I have. These are not common machines in this part of the world. (very hard to talk to anyone who knows much about them) I was trying to get it to feed without feeding doubles without having to fan out. but I guess I'm kidding myself. ta Simon

Hi there. Just scored myself an old Graphic Whizard FM 100.
Rollers look good ( they seem newish.) The issue is feeding doubles. (It is only a friction feed machine). It seems the only way to stop this is to fan out all the sheets (so each is staged slightley from the one above it). As you can imagine this slows production down. Also some of my staff (my wife) have limited paper handling skills.
Has any one had any experience with this issue?. FYI perforating x1. A4 80gsm white offset.
Thanks for your feed back, thanks Simon
I would try some rubber roller cleaner/Rejuvenator to clean the rollers and give them a little tack. Don't forget to clean the separator too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back