Hand foil stamper needed

davarino

We are looking for a hand foil stamper machine. The kind that you could find in the back of a bookstore.

Years ago I had a stamper, but it got “lost” in a move from one house to another.

We have occasional requests for very short runs of foiling and specialty runs like foil stamping a logo on the outside of 50 restaurant “check presenter folders” or imprinting ribbons.

No way we would want to run any of these jobs on a “real press”… too much set up for the perceived end value.

Would you know of anyone who wishes to get rid of an operating Kingsley or Howard or other foiling machine with maybe an effective 3”x4” stamping area?

I am wary of the stuff on eBay or Amazon: “seems to work, no returns”, no take-up reel for used foil, jimmied review scores, etc.

I’m thinking a decent used machine like this should be priced between $200 to $400 and of course be operating right out of the box.

Maybe you know of someone who is thinking of selling such a grown-up’s-toy? I would be "eternally grateful”.

Conversations are welcome. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Last edited:
Phone/email used equipment companies like PFS and Boggs- they might have one kicking around or be able to keep an eye out for one.

Used is used. No guarantees. There are many Kingsley machines on eBay, some definitely better than others. Many with returns - even free returns - and from top rated sellers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back