Harlequin & Presstek Di

Disappointed

Hi all,

We have a Presstek 52Di press which is performing well, it is coupled to a Harlequin Momentum Rip.

I am trying to figure out if there is abetter way to perform press calibrations, this is what we do at present...

Print test charts and linearise the press, this curve then goes into the "Actual Press" box in the rip page setup. Create a target curve file which then goes into the "Intended Press" box. Run a test to check the output matches the target and measure it with Press-Sign software, this is where it gets tricky.

If a fine adjustment is required which it usually is, Press-Sign will output an adjustment file which is to be imported into the Rip using "Edit From Calibrated" BUT, as the rip will only allow us to import this onto the linearisation curve, we instantly lose the linearisation curve and therefore cannot go back and check it at a later date. The Rip does have a "Calibration" box but we do not know what that is for or how to use it.

There seems no harm in doing it as we are apart from the fact that we cant just step back and re-check the linearisation at any time because we have effectively edited that curve by making the fine adjustments neccessary.

Sorry if its a bit tricky but doing it is a lot easier than writing it :)

Dave

Hi Dave -

Why don't you drop me an e-mail with your contact information. I'd like to get a better understanding of what exactly your Press-Sign software is telling you to do.

Thanks,
Rick

[email protected]

Not sure if you figured out your calibration issue, but figured I would throw some additional information into the mix in case you are still working on the issue. First of all when you output an uncalibrated press target you need to create a new calibration from scratch and then select the calibration under Actual Press. You can also adjust a job prepared for a different press by choosing a supplied profile or measured calibration for the other press in the Intended Press drop-down list, and making the normal choice for the press that you are using in Actual Press.

We offer support, calibration services and DI RIP upgrades. Visit our website at Harlequin RIP, Harlequin RIPs, Software RIP, NEW! Harlequin Software RIP Version 8.3 for more information.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back