Heidelberg / fogra dipco 2 colorbar for CD74 (4 and 5 colors) needed...

Damdidam

Hi all,

first message :)
I am desperately looking for the dipco heidelberg / fogra color bar made of patches, for a CD74 - both for 4 and 5 colors. My company is using it in signa 10 right now, so they are entitled to use it with their axis machine. Unfortunately, I can't find the EPS file of the colorbars, which are needed for Preps 6.
If any of you guys could help, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

Guys, I have no idea who Ray Jonhson is :)
And, Boneck, the reason is not for me. The customer needs that bar, they've lost the CD in which the eps comes in.
Thanks to help, if you can.
Kind regards.

"I have no idea who Ray Jonhson is..."

Ask around in the Preps corridor at Kodak.

Al

For a "senior member", this answer is quite surprizing.
I mean, if all of your posts / answers are like that, I do wonder if you're of great help around here.
If there was a preps corridor at kodak, I'm not the kind of person that wastes his time hanging out in such places. The corridor talks are for people who like politics, right ? Those who do politics generally don't work. I don't think I'm one of them.
I have looked in the internal e-mail directory for Ray Johnson, and found no one. Honestly, I have no idea who that guy is, and I don't give the slightest damn about it...
I was rather looking for a Heidelberg colorbar, to help out a customer who lost the press CD's. The rest, for me, is just bullshit.

By the way, Thanks a million to Boneck, who -as a junior member- sent me the needed files without wasting his time writing useless posts.

A public apology to you sir. I thought you affiliation with Kodak would lead you to find the following information on your own:

Preps is currently a Kodak product as described at this link:

PREPS Imposition Software - Kodak Graphic Communications Group

This software was acquired from Creo, who in turn had acquired it from ScenicSoft. It is a well known imposition software for creating press sheet layouts of pages, and uses templates and marks. One of these marks is a color bar. Ray Johnson is a Postscript expert who worked at ScenicSoft and later Creo, and is the author of the Preps Color Bar.

I believe he is working independently now and is available for custom coding postscript and pdf marks used in prepress applications.

Al

Hi Al,
apologies accepted :)
I wasn't actually looking for a preps color bar, but for the heidelberg fogra dipco 2.1 colorbar.
Actually, my customer has a heidelberg CD74, and a Ryobi press.
From your experiences, is it possible to have one single colorbar for both presses ?

The heidelberg press is driven by an Axis machine, and the Ryobi has its very own controller as well.
Any help is more than welcome !

Hi al
i can give you color bar in eps or ai format so you can implement in your montage, color bar is tested on cp2000 and work well.
pm me

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back