Heidelberg Prinect Server Virtualization 2015

francislg

Good Day All,

I have a burning need to protect our Hiedelberg Prinect Server. I would like to virtualize this server component if possible using Hyper-V. I know how to vritualize physical servers, but not sure if the license usb key would work if routed through virtual platform.

Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Francis

Yes it works, as long as you have attached USB license key that is recognized by Virtual server. In our case we had to use third party USB to network adapter that provided IP address of USB key that was recognized by Prinect.
I hope this helps

Yes it works, as long as you have attached USB license key that is recognized by Virtual server. In our case we had to use third party USB to network adapter that provided IP address of USB key that was recognized by Prinect.
I hope this helps
Thanks, makes perfect sense. So then it should be fairly straight forward.

Good Day All You Wonderful People,

I have an issue since we virtualized our Prinect Heidelberg 2015 environment. Since we virtualised our prinect server, we are experiencing the following issue.

When turning on the digital printing machine old duplicated jobs show up on the Digital Printer everyday after booting up the digital printer. This results in a huge waste of time having to delete all the old duplicated jobs. After every shutdown and startup the old jobs re-appear.

Other than the above issue, this system is working beautifully.

Just Some Extra Info:
After we implemented the virtualized platform we had a Master Data Store error and had restore the MDS Folder from an old backup. Could this maybe have something to do with the job duplication at the Digital Printer?

Any ideas of what to do next?

Thanks & Best Regards

Francis

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back