Heidelberg Suprasetter Speed Throughput

mac921

We are using Suprasetter 105. The speed according to the spec is 21 plate per hour. We only can output at about 14 plate per hours. Our production require 21 plate per hour. Can anyone share how many laser head require to get the speed of 21 plate per hour. Thank you.

Hi Mac921,

There are several factors that can contribute to imaging speed.

The first is the plate itself. Depending on the speed of the plate, you may or may not achieve the rated pph. All platesetters base performance on a fast plate such as our Thermoplate PN. Not all plates are rated as fast and this would effect productivity.

There are also two generations of Suprasetters, the current one being the Generation II. They have difference performance levels.

If you can PM me you name, location, phone number and company, I can have someone follow up with you to review.

Regards,

Mark

Ok mark, How many laser modules will be installed in suprasetter 105 to get 21 pph with your thermoplate ? And then how many series in suprasetter 105 ?

Does screening impact the speed on Suprasetter, Mark?
I am thinking if 10 micron stochastic plate will be output slower than 175 line?

Does screening impact the speed on Suprasetter, Mark?
I am thinking if 10 micron stochastic plate will be output slower than 175 line?

Speed should be dependent on output resolution and imaging area only.
So if your 10 micron stochastic plate uses the same output resolution (e.g. 2540 dpi) as your 175 lpi screening, then the speed of the imaging on the Suprasetter should be the same.

The speed of converting/using the ripped data may vary, as stochastic screening cannot be compressed as efficient as conventional screening.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back