Help with Prinergy Hot Folder setup

Jerry James

Hey everyone. Just started a few months ago at a new shop who has Prinergy, Preps, the whole works. I have been tasked to figure out how to properly setup hot folders to help speed up our work flow. The problem is that the guy that knew how to do all this stuff no longer works here and what little I know about Prinergy keeps me from being able to set up hot folders properly. What I would love to be able to accomplish is setting up a hot folder that would refine 8 tabloid PDF pages, impose them with a preset Preps template and be able to have the imposed Preps file sent to our proofer and trendsetter. Not sure if this is even possible, but pretty sure it is. Anyone out there know where I can get this information without having to pay Kodak a ridiculous amount of money to get this information? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerry James
Albany, Oregon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back